Monday 21 December 2020

Some Scattered Characters

 All right, so in my last post I mentioned that I'd painted up several other Middle Earth figures besides the Nine Riders. I also said I'd make a post about them in the next few days. Now, several weeks later I am making that post. Late as usual I guess.


First off we have what on the webstore GW have dubbed an "Uruk-hai Scout Command". In reality these figures come from three different sets, none of which are in production at the moment. The captain with the cleaver headed bardiche was originally a standalone, while the shaman was part of the original Uruk-hai command set and the other two were commanders for a special War of the Ring unit called Mauhur's Marauders. The history of the models aside, I quite like them. The captain and banner bearer are my favourites out of the four for certain. 







Next up we have the sons of Elrond: Elladan and Elrohir. No, I don't remember which is which. Looking it up it seems that Elladan is on the left and Elrohir on the right. While it's perfectly thematic for the brothers dress and look more-or-less the same, it does get very confusing, especially when it comes to trying to match their on-foot versions with their mounted versions. In fact, looking now at a reference it seems that I have actually gotten their on-foot versions round the wrong way! So uh, first it's Elladan mounted with Elrohir on foot, then Elrohir mounted with Elladan on foot. Good grief. Perhaps I should have given them different coloured cloaks or something.







Last of all we have the prince of Dol Amroth, Imrahil himself. One of the great heroes of the Battles of the Pelennor and the Morannon, who is sadly left out of just about every adaptation. I've actually gone and done the reverse of what I probably should of, and experimented with painting the leader of the knights of Dol Amroth before painting any of the rank and file. But he was just sitting there on my desk, so what else could I do?

Anyhow, that's the last of what I've got completed at the moment. I have been working on my Rohirrim, but that project is progressing slowly. Being on holiday from uni seems to have led me to spend less time painting rather than more. Ah well, I'll get through them in the end, I always do it seems.

Until then, Merry Christmas to you all!

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautifully painted, you'd be rightly pleased. It's a funny truism that more time is often less effective!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete