Monday 12 October 2020

British Line Infantry

At the very beginning of this project I had considerably more British infantry than French. Over the past two years I've added a great deal of infantry to my French army and very little to my British one. In part this was because I found it difficult to lay hands on the particular British infantry set that I've been after (HaT's Peninsular War Infantry). These two battalions actually represent the first real additions I've made to my British infantry forces so far.


The figures themselves are Italeri's British Infantry 1815 (Set 6095). Very good figures, though the uniforms presented are a bit of an odd bunch. Odd that is, in the sense that they are meant to be very particular. Apparently there are three specific regiments from Waterloo represented in the set. But I'm much too lazy to go around trying to match regiments (serious respect to those who do though), so I just painted the facings as I fancied. As for quality the miniatures are very good, modern sculpts with strong detail and good poses.






This will be the last bit of Napoleonic work I do for a little while. My focus these past few days has been shifted over to my 28mm collections, specifically my Middle-Earth models. Hopefully I'll have a few posts about that in the future.

Cheers!

2 comments: