Saturday, 9 March 2013

Osgiliath burns!

Greetings! I bring forth news, from the mists that surround the fabled painting bench. I have completed a small number of warriors of Minas Tirith along with a piece of ruined osgiliath scenery and a mighty Mithril troll.

And here are the pictures:

The ruin at the front.



And at the back.
The soldiers of Gondor stand tall.

And give us a twirl.
The great club wielding (club unfortunately not in picture) troll.

And the back (a little blurry).

 
And now a little how, for the making of the ruin:
 

The ruin is first cut from foam core.
'What do mean the door's too short?'

With the sand on.




With a black undercoat

With a grey dry brush.

And the final ruin with white dry brush to finish it off.


A number of high elves I'm painting up with the new paint scheme for the Hobbit Rivendell Knights, though I'm not sure if I'll be getting them or not.

And here are a few dwarves that I am repainting with a new scheme. The old scheme is on the left and the new scheme is on the right.

 

I hoped you've enjoyed the pictures of my latest projects.
Cheers, Sarge at arms.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice work. I see you've even added a little weathering to the ruin. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. Though the weathering was my Dads idea.

      Delete
  2. The bases on the Minas Tirith blokes came out well. I also liked the use of washes on the Olag Hai.

    Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete